Monday, August 2, 2010

journal 8

The tone of my writing usually depends on what i am writing about. Typically if it is something sad then of course I won't use a happy tone with exclamations. I don't feel like I have a particular style of writing though. Maybe through someone else's eyes reading my writing I do, but I don't particulary feel like I have a personal style. For tone though, I try to find who my audience is and what may grab their attention. In my own experience, I get absolutely bored with a dull tone, so I try to stay away from that and try for a more interesting tone. To build up that a certain event or something is fun I like to make my words into a happy tone that becomes more and more exciting eventually leading up to the event i am trying to describe or explain in my writing. Personally I don't feel a person can go wrong with tone, but of course they are ways to make it more interesting to grab the audience's attention and I always try to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment